Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Staying on Track...lots of greens, lots of exercise (and lots of reading)!

So far, so good this week. I've been filling my diet with big, beautiful salads, juicing every morning, staying raw until lunch (which is mostly raw anyway), staying away from sugar (even chocolate!), and waking up early every morning to go to the gym! It was rough this morning, but I still made myself get out of bed. Its always great once I get there, but its so tempting to stay in my warm bed (especially with my husband snoozing next to me).

I'm on the third book in the Sookie Stackhouse series and it is keeping me quite entertained. Its light and fun and takes my mind off whatever I need to let go. I find reading to be one of the best stress relievers. I have trouble relaxing because I like to be busy, so reading lets me tune out, but still be "doing" something. Sitting around watching tv too much makes me feel lazy and depressed. I always used to force myself to read something that would be "good" for me, but now I realize that its fun to read things that are just plain entertaining. I'm sure its good for my brain regardless of whether its William Faulkner or Charlaine Harris.

Time to juice!! Right now I am enjoying a cucumber, romaine, pear combination:)

ps-I've been listening to a rough cut of the Freeminer Bird's next album and its SO good! I'm trying to book more shows for them in Rochester (NY), so if you know of a venue, drop me a line:)

No comments: