Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I did it! Chocolate-free for almost 48 hours!

I started yesterday morning with yoga, a shower, and a green juice. In the afternoon I enjoyed a big, beautiful salad with a Sunshine Vegan Burger and avocado. Dinner consisted of another yummy salad and Amy's Vegan pizza. I dabbled in some vegan granola to curb my chocolate cravings. All in all, I'm pleased. Today has been pretty similar. I felt 100% better waking up this morning without a sugar hangover. I felt peaceful. I can't completely change my diet overnight, but I'm learning that slow and steady works pretty damn well.

Some guilty pleasures that I've enjoyed lately include...

Watching the entire season of Freaks and Geeks (it is AMAZING).


Reading the entire vampire love series by Stephanie Meyers.


Starting the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris.


Singing in my husband's band, the Freeminer Birds! I love that I'm challenging myself to do something that I never thought I would have the courage to do.

This is going to be an amazing year filled with challenges and new experiences!

No comments: