Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Manifesting Your Destiny


Last night, I began reading Manifest Your Destiny by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer. I underlined the following passage because it brought such clarity:

Whenever you are about to act, ask yourself this question: "Is what I am about to say or do going to bring me peace?" If the answer is yes, then go with it and you will be allowing yourself the wisdom of your highest self. If the answer is no, then remind yourself that it is your ego at work.


I've been asking myself that question today and it has reminded me to live consciously. By respecting my own inner peace, I automatically respect others, and the earth. Its such a simple concept, but it is so powerful. What if everyone asked themselves this question before acting and speaking?

This book is a continuation of my exploration of manifestation, which began with reading Abraham-Hicks' book Ask And It Is Given (Law of Attraction) about a year ago (you can read the post here). The vision board has taken me a step further. I picked up Dyer's book because of a recommendation at CSL. I have already experienced life unfolding in more positive and natural ways since shifting my way of thinking and creating the board. I am amazed at how quickly things that I put on the board, which at the time seemed like a long-shot, are becoming a reality. I am learning to trust that things will work out rather than constantly being on the defensive and trying to be prepared for every possible way the sky could fall. The words: surrender, allow, and let go, all come to mind.

More on this later!

No comments: