Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Day 3

Last night was a struggle. I ate a small amount of cooked food at dinner. It is difficult to explain why I am trying to eat raw food and juices to certain people. I feel like I have to defend myself sometimes, but I know that the people who are questioning me only do so because they care. I am trying to be true to myself despite this discouragement. I am adding raw nuts, salads, fruit, Lara Bars, and raw recipe's from Natalia Rose's book, to my daily diet. Juice will continue to be my first "meal" of the day and I will try to incorporate it later in the day as well.

Today, my first meal is 32 oz. of the following juice:
  • 1 head of celery
  • 2 apples
  • 1/2 inch of ginger
  • A few pinches of Cayenne
  • 1 lemon (with peel)
  • A few leaves of Kale
I feel very clear-headed today and relaxed. The juices are also becoming more palatable. I hope that I'll learn to love them. I drank a carrot-beet-apple-lemon juice yesterday that was very nice. Tomorrow I will be returning to teaching yoga, nannying, and writing full-time so we'll see how things go. I will have to do some meal planning today!

No comments: