Friday, May 30, 2008

The Battle Between Body and Mind...is Juice Feasting an Answer?

Its funny that my body is smarter than my mind sometimes, especially when it comes to eating habits. My body is saying: "you're full, you don't want that!". But my mind is saying: "just eat it anyway, it'll make you happy!". These are the same battles I went through two years ago when I quit smoking (actually, this battle was quite long-it lasted seven years).

I've been reading a lot of juice feasting blogs lately and I feel drawn to this challenge because I want to break my mental addiction to food. I am very happy with the shifts that I have made to a healthier diet through juicing, eating primarily raw, and choosing a vegan diet. At the same time, I know that there are issues I have not overcome in terms of my relationship with food. I want to look at food as nourishment, not as comfort. Maybe a juice feast would help me make this transition...If you are interested in learning about the life of a juice feaster, check out these blogs:

Philip at Loving Raw
Angela at Raw Reform
David and Katrina at Juice Feasting
Penni at Real Juice Daily
Courtney at Radical Radiance

1 comment:

Carrie Nicole said...

Ok, I think we were totally separated at birth. After catching up on the few posts and feeling like you've been reading my mind, this post took the cake!

I feel/go through the exact same things! My relationship with food went awry about 8 years ago during the early stages of my last relationship, I didn't realize it until I'd gained a huge amount of weight and then have just struggled with weight and health issues ever since...it's SO NOT FAIR!

I keep feeling very drawn to juice feasting but it scares me at the same time. I feel like my friends and family are supportive but I don't know how strong my resolve is to keep going if I encounter a rough patch or if it creates a strain on dining situations. I'm still working on my transition to high raw, doing great so far, and going to continue for now with my 100 day challenge for that and then may tackle a short feast, like 30 days or so...I just don't know.

ok, ramble, ramble, babble, babble... I am excited to see what develops for you though and if you choose to do a juice feast, I'll be cheering you all the way!