Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Green Juice, Kris Carr's Documentary, and A New Earth

I am drinking my Green Juice as I type this entry. Today's juice consists of:
1/2 cucumber (peeled because it is not organic)
1 head of celery
3 handfuls of Mixed Spring Greens
1 Lemon
1 Apple
1 Mango

I forgot the ginger this morning! Side note: I find mixed spring greens to be more palatable than Kale or Romaine (alone), so if you are struggling with drinking your greens, try this option. Extra tip: It is best to drink your green juice within 15-20 minutes of juicing. The juice will begin to oxidize and lose much of its nutritional value if you let it sit longer.

I feel like I'm back on the juicing band wagon. I received Kris Carr's documentary yesterday in the mail and watched it with my husband last night! It reinforced many of the habits I've adopted over the past year (juicing, dry brushing, yoga, eating raw as much as possible, meditation, etc.). This is a documentary for everyone! It will open your eyes to so many ways of improving your mind and body health.

I also would like to share a passage that I was reading yesterday from A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle:

"A vital question to ask yourself frequently is: What is my relationship with the present moment? Then become alert to find out the answer. Am I treating the Now as more than a means to an end? Do I see it as an obstacle? Am I making it into an enemy? Since the present moment is all you ever have, since Life in inseparable from the Now, what the question really means is: What is my relationship with Life?The question is an excellent way of unmasking the ego in you and bringing you into the state of Presence." (Tolle, A New Earth, p. 203)

I find this "exercise" to be very effective and I wanted to share it with you.

Be Well,
Sundari

2 comments:

Carrie Nicole said...

Well, I've finally made it to your blog and what a wonderful post! I am at least juicing although mine doesn't get consumed immediately. I wish I could haul my juicer and veg to work with me to make it fresh but for now during the workweek, I make it right before work and refridgerate and then drink 2-3 hours later, not optimal but hopefully that's ok since I'm doing that versus eating a McDonald's breakfast! (not that I did before - icky!)

I look forward to poking around some more and reading up on what you've been up to! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are very committed to juicing if you are bringing it to work. Thats great! I'm not an expert, but I'm sure you are receiving most of the nutritional value even if you aren't drinking it immediately:) Thanks for stopping by!
Be Well,
Sundari