Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Have Fun


People who know me probably scoff at the thought of my advising others to "have fun". I've had trouble with this simple yet priceless part of life. Sometimes its easier to make excuses to not have fun, like "I have too much work to do", "I don't have enough money", "I'm too stressed out", and the list goes on. Lately, I'm very conscious of my tendency to make these excuses and I think that becoming aware is the first step toward letting go and just goofing off. The sky won't fall, the world won't come to an end, and no one is going to die if I decide to wait until tomorrow to do the dishes or finish a writing project. Instead of thinking up ways to fill time with preparations for the next day, an errand, or a phone call, do something that is purely for the sake of enjoyment. I find that when I do indulge in some simple pleasures (and I'm not talking about chocolate cake), the "work" stuff is ten times more enjoyable! And again, through writing this blog, I've decided that the best thing to do is crank up the tunes and dance:)

No comments: