Friday, May 29, 2009

41,000 words

Its been a long time since I've posted here. Many wonderful things happening. Crazy Sexy Life is busting at the seams and I am loving the beautiful journey we are on, which has me traveling between Baltimore and Woodstock every other week.

Here is a list of things that make me very happy right now...


1. I'm reading The Artist's Way by Julie Cameron. After finishing a 10-week creative writing course, I've started Cameron's ten-week program. I LOVE it. Especially the three daily morning pages and the weekly artist date. This week I visited the lovely psychic Aurora at breathe books for my artist date. As soon as my eyes pop open I'm giddy about my morning pages. The book and its exercises are opening up many creative doorways.

2. I've written 41,000 words in first draft of my novel. I have a 3 pages per day goal for the next two months. Hopefully that will bring me to the end of the story so that I can begin the first round of revisions.

3. I just finished The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood and I'm back to Looking for Alaska by John Green. I took a hiatus from LFA so that I could read Outlander, which I loved by the way.

4. I've started working with a trainer (every other week). Over the past six months I've been going to the gym without a lot to show for it. I'm usually more successful if I'm accountable to someone or something, so here it goes. I'm very excited to see some results over the next couple months (finally!).

That's all for now. Another week in Baltimore and then its back to Woodstock! Time to write my 3 pages for the day...

No comments: